Become a member of Gloucestershire Dyslexia Association
Gloucestershire Dyslexia Association is a charity that works to increase awareness and understanding of dyslexia and to provide information, education and advocacy to dyslexic children, parents, and teachers of dyslexic children in Gloucestershire.
Become a member for £20 a year or £10 concessions
To provide a comprehensive package of support for people with dyslexia in Gloucestershire through tuition, community engagement, support networks and advocacy,
What do we do?
- We provide GDA vetted tutors who run 40-minute one-to-one sessions during school terms. These are hosted in Gloucester, Cheltenham, Stroud and Cirencester and also remotely. We recommend that you have your child assessed before they start tuition. However, an informal assessment is carried out once your child begins their tuition.
- We can provide assessments by qualified and experienced tutors. The fee for this is around £400. It can take up to 3 hours, depending on the individual’s age and the complexity of their needs. The assessors then produce an in-depth report that teachers and the person with dyslexia can use for the best strategies for learning.
Keeping in touch
- We have a parent/carers forum on Facebook to provide mutual support and advice.
- Now that things are almost back to normal, we hope to host information evenings for parents, teachers, and others involved or interested in dyslexia.
- We hope to start sending out a newsletter – volunteers are needed, so watch this space.
- Subject to availability, there are bursaries for those who find it hard to pay for tuition or assessments. We carry out fundraising for those bursaries and if you have any fundraising ideas – contact us. Contact us for more details.